Thursday, October 5, 2017

what is crowsourcing you may ask? crowdsourcing is when you are able to get help to complete a task from multiple sources instead of having to go to a third party to do the work for you. a great example, which helped me understand crowdsourcing, was the example given to us by our professor. for example, crowdsourcing can be being able to guy photos online provided by different type of people instead of having a company do a photoshoot for one imagine which can be very expensive. crowsurcing is important because it gives power to anyone with a creative mind to be part of the market. the reason why crowdsourcing is important to us is because through this we can get help with our project from millions of people. although, it does have its downside just like any other thing, you cant control the people who are going to help you all the time. its kind of like theyre their own boss but they als require attention, patience and honesty. crowdfunding, reminded me of the time I had to pick an international organization that provides small loans to people in third world countries. I focused on Kiva and surprisingly I happened to run by it again in this class. another one I recognized was gofundme, I like this one the best. I have been seeing how people donate to DREAMers who need money to renew their DACA. seeing so many people being supportive makes me feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment