Saturday, October 21, 2017

How Politics Has Impacted Life

Before I truly acknowledged my legal status of being an undocumented student, I never really paid attention to the news. After I acknowledged my legal status, I was more open about it and would pay attention to the news. It wasn't always rainbows and butterflies because it was a constant reminder I would never be accepted in society or as a person in the U.S by the government. Until the Barack Obama administration passed DACA. After coming out of the shadows with many other undocumented young adults I felt as if we were starting to become accepted at least some people and even the U.S government. I got the chance to enroll in college and work. This is when I found my passion in politics. now only that, but I wanted to help my fellow undocumented peers go to college. If I wanted to do this, I had to fight from the inside. That's why I decided to major in political science. Then attending college, I learnt how to correctly learn credible news articles. To this, I thank technology. I was always able to stay up to date with law decisions that affected me. And it wasn't hard, I could be on Facebook or even snapchat and stay up to date on the news. I've met a lot of people who hate politics and aren't really interested in the news but you see them on Facebook and other social media. So, whenever an interest group needs signature for something they can target people who are interested on the issue and even sometimes because those people share those sites, it helps the interest group get more signature. On social media I'm the type of person who is always sharing things but as a political science major I must double check the credibility and sources the article uses. Many won’t think about it because it’s so normal now a day but social media has a great impact on everyone. That's how I found out Trump decided to end DACA and I'm sure as hell that how I will find out what congress decided to do with our future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment