Sunday, November 5, 2017

There’s a couple of ways that maybe social media can be used to teach and inform people. from personal experience there has been time when social media has informed me about important decisions made by the president. Ever since I moved to Chico for school, I don’t have cable so the only way I read the news is by following news pages on Facebook. So, when there started to be rumors that trump was going to end DACA, I found that out through Facebook. A couple days later, trump announced his decision to end DACA. If I wouldn’t be on social media, I probably would’ve never found that out. So, for people who can’t watch tv to see current news, social media can help with that. I think social media has impacted everyone’s, especially young kids learning because it can be very distracting. I’m barely 21 years old and even I get distracted by Facebook. For example, like right now I was in the middle of typing this post and as I checked one text, I automatically got on Facebook without even thinking about it. It felt as if it was an instinct to do and after a couple minutes on Facebook I realized I had to get back to typing my blog. So, think about it, a 21-year-old who’s supposed to know what’s more important, their college homework or checking Facebook and compare it to a 12-year-old who sometimes rarely has homework. I’ve seen how my little cousins are with Facebook, they’re always on it and I think it will have an impact on their brain because their brain isn’t fully developed. I mean my brain probably isn’t fully developed either, but it certainly is more developed than theirs. If we are taught how to use social media in a correct manner, maybe limiting our time and requiring everyone to at least follow a certain number of educational pages, something better can come out of it. That way we at least won’t always say social media is a waste of time or that it “kills” brain cells. 

No comments:

Post a Comment